This Policy explains how we collect, store, protect, and share your information and with whom we share it when you use our mobile application (which, for simplicity, we call our “Service”). By using our Service, you agree that we may collect, transfer, store, disclose, and use your information according to this Policy.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not use our service.
To avoid confusion, whenever we refer to “Personal Information,” we mean information that could be used—on its own or in connection with other information—to identify or locate you. This can include your name, your address, your email address, your telephone number, your PayPal account details, or even information such as your birthday, height, weight or hair color.
The following is the kind of information we may collect and store from you and other users of our Service:
- General information about use of our Service, including information about time and date of use, hardware and software used, language preferences, and similar information.
- Broad statistics about the use of our Service—for example, how many people use the Service at a given time.
- Information you provide to create an Ask Morris for coins user account, such as your name, email address, preferred language, and similar information.
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
- Any information from third parties that we need to allow you to use the Service. For example, if you use a social media account to log into our services, we may store your login information for that account.
You may be wondering what we do with all the information we collect. Totally reasonable: we’d wonder that too. Below is a summary of what we do (and more importantly, what we WON’T do) with the information we collect.
- Use your information, including anonymous information and Personal Information, to help us improve the service we provide you, whether by improving our features, delivering content that interests you, or even limiting the advertisements you see to things you might be interested in. Our main reason for collecting information is to deliver a better user experience to you
- Use your information to request feedback, tell you about special promotions and events, or notify you of updates and other changes to the Service. If you don’t want to receive this information, we understand. You are free to opt out of promotional messages and other bulk messages at any time. We won’t even take it personally. Morris might, but he’ll get over it ;).
- Disclose your personal information to specific employees, contractors and affiliates; but only if they (i) need to know the information to help us deliver our service to you, and (ii) promise not to disclose this information to anyone else.
- Pullish feedback, such as customer support emails, with all of your personal information redacted, removed, or otherwise absent.
We do not
- Rent, sell, or give out your personal information to anyone. We hate it when people do that to us, and we’re not going to do it to you.
- Disclose your personal information to anyone other than the employees, contractors, and affiliates described above, unless (i) we’re required to do so by law, or (ii), we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect ourselves, third parties, or the public at large.
- Collect or store your credit card or bank information - since we use PayPal, we never even see this stuff.
In addition to everything listed above, we may release your information - even personal information - if we believe that it’s essential or appropriate to do so. For example: if we believe that you have used the Service in violation of our terms and conditions, to carry out unlawful acts, or if your information is subpoenaed or otherwise required in a lawsuit, criminal trial, or any other legal process. If we sell Ask Morris for coins to, or merge with another company, we may sell your information along with the rest of the company and its assets.
It is our policy not to collect information from children younger than 13. In fact, due to the requirement of having a PayPal account, you must either be at least 18 to use Ask Morris, or have cooperation from your parent or legal guardian. So if you are any younger than that, and operating without parental guidance, stop using our Service! If we find out that we have collected information from anyone who has lied about their age and is too young to be using Ask Morris, we will take immediate steps to delete their information.
We do not track your activity on websites and applications other than ours, because - like all good pirates - we understand that it’s your business, not ours. Although we don’t enable third parties to track your activity on our Service, we don’t prevent it, either. If you have concerns about who (if anyone) is tracking your activity on our Service, we recommend that you review the privacy policies of any other websites, mobile applications, and online services that you use.
It is important to us that you have meaningful choices about the information we collect; however, we do not recognize or respond to any “do not track” signals from web browsers, as the Internet industry has not yet defined exactly what “do not track” means, what it means to comply with “do not track” signals, or how website and companies should respond to “do not track” signals.
We take security seriously and follow industry-standard practices for protecting your information. However, no system is perfect—therefore, choose which information you share with us or through our Service accordingly. If you believe that the security of our Service has been compromised, please let us know so we can fix the problem.